El Capitolio, or National Capitol Building in Havana, Cuba, was the seat of government in Cuba until the Cuban Revolution in 1959, and is now home to the Cuban Academy of Sciences. Prior to the Revolution, the Cuban Congress was housed in the building. When the Congress was abolished and disbanded after 1959, the building lost its purpose as the House of the People. Later, it ended up as the headquarters of the Ministry of Science, Technology and the Environment. As of 2013, the Government of Cuba is restoring the building for using it once again as the home of Cuba’s National Assembly.
National Capitol Building of Havana
Paseo de Martí, Havana